cat d1 driver training bolton

The PCV Category D1 test is for anyone wishing to drive a Minibus (16 passenger seats) for 'hire or reward'.  .

People who passed their Category B (Car) test before January 1997, will already have Category D1 on their driving licence, however, there is a code restriction '101' attached to this entitlement. This '101' restriction will only allow you to drive these vehicles either for 'private use' or on a 'voluntary' basis.

It is down to the individual driver to determine as to wether or not they require the D1 entitlement on their licence. Teachers, for example, should take legal advice before embarking on a school trip with this type of vehicle.

The test for "hire or reward" is "has there been a systematic carrying of passengers which goes beyond the bounds of mere social kindness".

If you would like to drive a minibus for 'hire or reward', wether that be through wages or payments/contributions by the passengers, then you must pass the D1 Minibus test.

Cat D1+E Minibus and Trailer Driver Training

The PCV Category D1+E licence is aimed at those people who already have their D1 licence, but would like to be able to tow a trailer with their minibus.

Once you pass your PCV D1+E Minibus test, this will allow you to drive any minibus with up to 17 seats for hire & reward with a trailer above 750kg.

Quick Contact

Truck Services Limited Contact Form

Invalid Input
Invalid Input
Invalid Input
Invalid Input
Invalid Input

765 offer

Who's Online

We have 38 guests and no members online